Monday, November 8, 2010

I First Laid Eyes on You (Sonnet)

I first laid eyes on you and my mind a'froze
It was a rush of pleasant emotion
Then I knew you need more than simple prose
Because I know you held the same notion.
Self-imposed, en ego said "Learn no more."
Arrogance blinds, but fades with our laughter
Your smile shines the light, I am such a bore
It's not everything... but you I'm after
Light was shown as we entered the dark
Left without guide, I followed your hips
Tell me that in your heart I left my mark
It's not a day if I don't kiss your lips.
My conflict is settled, you are in mood
The sun arises and all will be good.


So I kept in mind that sonnets were mostly used as love poems and tried a jab at writing one following the Shakespearean form and rhyme scheme. Sonnets are tricky to compose.

No comments:

Post a Comment